Rick was a founder of the Portland high tech companies Mentor Graphics in the 80's and MedicaLogic in the 90's. Since retiring in 2000 he has been able to more fully pursue his longtime interests of outdoor activities, travel, and photography. Some examples of his photographic work and travel can be viewed under "Galleries" above.
After many years volunteering in Portland Public schools and the Make-a-Wish organization, Martha pursued her interest in art. Some examples can be viewed under "Galleries" above. Lately Martha has been very involved with the Cascades Theatrical Company (CTC) community theater in Bend.
About Rick's Photo Equipment
Rick went to all-digital photography equipment in 2003 and currently the key pieces are:
- Canon 5D Mark III camera: 22 Mpixel full-frame SLR;
- Canon SLR lenses (in approximate decreasing frequency of use):
- 24-105mm L IS f4;
- 16-35mm L f2.8;
- 70-200mm L IS f4;
- 100-400mm L IS f4.5-5.6;
- 100mm f2.8 macro
- Gitzo 1228 tripod, usually with a RRS BH-40 ballhead;
- Digital GrayCap mounted on lens caps (from Steven Johnson Photo):
- Canon S90 point-and-shoot camera: 10 Mpixel, 28-105mm lens (35mm equivalent); used when the size & weight of the 1Ds Mark III is just too onerous (S90 fits in pant's pocket);
- Adobe Lightroom software for cataloging all images and editing them for website and email use; Adobe Photoshop CS5 for "fine art" editing;
- PTgui software for panorama assembly;
- Photomatix, HDR Efex Pro, or Photoshop software for High Dynamic Range (HDR) creation;
- Silver Efex Pro for Black & White image creation;
- Canon iPF6100 24" wide, 12 color (pigment) photo printer; and Ilford Galerie Gold Fibre Silk paper.
About This Website
This website was created using Adobe's Lightroom software together with the PhotoSwipe & Tim Armes' Impact WSPP plugins.